– Ensure all risk policies are updated and prepare risk plan to be implemented by the Company.
– Responsible to review and monitor on the risk matter of the Company.
– Support, coordinate all preparation work in documentation and housekeeping of risk & compliance matters.
– Collaborate with other departments in the Company and relevant authorities when needed; ensuring department heads understand the risk that might affect their departments.
– Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the Company.
– Assist in preparation of administrative reporting and tracking, presentation slides and training where relevant.
– To perform analytical review and risk-control assessments to identify areas of audit focus for each assignment.
– Address concerns or questions on risk matters by the employees.
– Assist in providing frequent updates to Risk Management Committee.
– Conduct financial, compliance and operational audits to evaluate the adequacy/appropriateness and effectiveness of internal controls, risk management process and corporate governance practices within the organisation in accordance with accepted standards, approved audit plan, programmes and budget.
– Make value added recommendations to reduce cost, improve processes or rectify weaknesses in controls.
– Preparation of comprehensive audit reports on assigned activities.
– To formulate the annual-risk-based audit plan and carry out the audit activities towards fulfilling the plan.
– Adhoc administrative / project assigned from time to time.
– Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals.
– Candidate must possess a Degree in Risk Management/Law/Finance/ Economics/Accounting/Statistics /Banking & Finance or equivalent.
– Minimum 2 years audit experience in an audit firm or Internal Audit Department in a listed company with exposure in property development and construction sector.
– Preferably with experience in risk management and internal audit.
– Proficient in English both written and spoken.
– Report writing experience will be an added advantage.
– Mature, with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
– Candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision, enthusiastic personality, good organizational skills.
– Strong attention to detail, efficiency, organize, planning and problem skills are compulsory for this position.
– Ability to understand broader business issues.
– Self-motivated with an appetite to learn, Integrity and professional ethics as well as excellent team player.
– Basic knowledge of anti-money laundering laws are an advantage.