A passionate Software Engineer to join our global team for cloud ERP system – SAP ByDesign . You will join one of our strategic IT locations: PJ, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and work closely with headquarters (Liechtenstein), IT locations , and all Hilti Market Organization on a global scale. As a Software Engineer, you will develop, administrate, maintain and continuously evolve our ByD applications implementation across 26 countries. Help us solve real business and development challenges.
Interesting facts about ByD development environment:
- We use SAP Business ByDesign as a Cloud ERP system in Hilti
- We work on a global scale with ByD presence in users around the world.
- We work closely with SAP as our vendor and we work with teams from various functions such as Sales and Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and Controlling as well as Reporting
- We have a scrum setup running in agile mode covering topics such as product development, platform governance and global rollouts.
- We are a young agile team and we are innovating our way of working and you will be part of the team that will shape our way of working
Join us in our transformational journey as you collaborate with your teammates. You will learn more about Hilti’s application landscape, understand the needs of the development platforms and develop innovative solutions with our growing team of software engineers, solution architects, business analysts, and QAs. Experience the challenge and responsibility of developing and managing a global ByD solution. Dive deep into integration topics with entities like our Hilti Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, SAP S/4 HANA and a host of other platforms/applications in our Hilti IT landscape. Be ready for the challenge!
WHAT DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE?
As a developer, you will be working in ByD platforms and focus on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross functional Agile teams to analyze, design, develop, administer and maintain solutions in Hilti’s ByD Core, ByD Extended platforms (ByD APIs are being used and exposed for own development), Business Documents with Adobe Lifecycle and connected applications (C#, Java, VBA)
- Work with a hands-on approach in developing solution designs for the integration of various applications and cloud platforms with ByD systems
- Implement global processes and technology stack, from the pipeline and toolchain definition, contributing to establishing project plans and configuration of servers and agents
- Implement and support Global IT solutions by using emerging techniques/technologies including user centricity, responsive design and cloud/on premise solutions
- Support in the development of POCs to pilot markets to prove feasibility and business impact
- New and innovative ideas in design thinking and solutioning are highly encouraged
- Contributes ideas to the Developer communities in Hilti
WHAT YOU NEED IS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related fields; Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) > 3.0 (> 3.5 for fresh graduates) or similar grading is a must, PhD is a plus
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply, or with 1 to 2 years relevant work experience as software engineer in Sales and Marketing related environment or any related ones
- A good command of English (spoken and written) as well as communication / convincing skills
- Big curiosity and willingness to learn new topics
- Strong ability to learn new technical topics quickly and apply them to assignment
- Conceptional and analytical skills with hands-on software development experience
- CI/CD know-how (e.g. Bamboo, GitLab, Shell Scripting) is a plus
- Familiar with Agile methodologies and have the Agile mindset