Important note before applying for role – All applications must be submitted to our separate landing page
You will be redirected to our Group GTI landing page for account creation and application process upon applying for the Job here on Jobsbank. Kindly assist to register your details on Group GTI page so you may conduct your assessments on there.
You should have fresh ideas and a determination to gain real customer-focused experience. Our 18 month Wealth and Personal Banking Graduate Programme will make the most of your skills regardless of what subject you’ve studied. You’ll be encouraged to bring your enthusiasm to inspire your new team and deliver great service to millions of customers.
- For: Final year students or recent graduates
- Duration: Eighteen months
- Areas: Wealth and Personal Banking
- Start date: July 2023 onwards
We encourage you to apply for your programme of choice as soon as possible, as we recruit on a rolling basis and may close applications before the advertised date, if all vacancies are filled.
On our competitively paid graduate programme, you will complete a number of rotational placements, each of typically between three to six months in duration, each designed to give you a broad exposure to our core business operations. You will have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and gain critical business experience, across areas such as Customer Channels, Products & Propositions, Digital, Insurance and Chief Operating Office.
What you can expect
In Wealth and Personal Banking, our customers and clients want a service underpinned by a blend of modern digital capabilities and exceptional people. To achieve this, we provide personalised relationship management, a range of tailored investment solutions, as well as convenient mobile platforms which let them manage their finances whenever and wherever they want.
You can expect to expand your skills while learning to thrive under pressure. You will be supported throughout by a team of professionals who will help to build your knowledge of international banking and to develop and present ideas with confidence. We will reward you with a market-competitive pay and benefits package.
What you will do
You will gain an insight into how we serve our customers, through a blend of digital platforms and solutions, as well as acting as the face of HSBC for our customers on the frontline in our Branches and Contact Centres. You will learn about our product offerings, how we position them in the market and the processes and strategies behind them, including how we protect the interests of our customers at all times. We are at the forefront of new technology and you will see the impact that these new products and services have on our customers.
You will have opportunities to undertake strategic projects, as well as the flexibility to pursue post-programme placements aligned to your personal aspirations.
Who does this suit?
We are looking for motivated and curious people who are:
- We encourage you to collaborate with clients, senior management, peers and our other teams internationally. This means you should be a strong communicator, show courage when presenting and be the face of HSBC for our clients.
- You will work with new people on constantly evolving projects to help customers. By quickly becoming an expert in your area and keeping on top of ever-changing markets, you will gain the credibility to succeed.
- Bringing new ideas to the table and sharing an enthusiasm for improving our services is welcomed by our teams in both customer-facing and head office roles. Your dedication to delivering projects efficiently and sticking to rules and regulations will be important.
- Having the courage to jump at the chance to do a rotation somewhere new or taking on a challenging, yet rewarding project will show that you’ve got the motivation to take your career to a higher level.
What can this lead to?
If you excel here, you could be considered for a variety of roles across our international network – including in areas such as Product Management, Relationship Management, Data and Analytics, Digital Experience Management, Strategy and Planning, as well as Actuarial and Risk & Control Management.
You’ll then have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and grow your career in the direction which is right for you. Building your network and demonstrating a real passion for taking your career further will help get you there even sooner.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder OR Final Year Degree Student
- CGPA 3.0 out of 4 or Upper Second Class equivalent (as appears on your official University transcript or Degree certificate)
- Malaysian OR Legally permitted to work in Malaysia
You will be redirected to our Group GTI page for account creation and application process upon applying for the Job here on Jobsbank. Kindly assist to register your details on Group GTI page so you may conduct your assessments on there.